Sunday, January 01, 2006

New Year's sale

Every New Year's day Record and tape traders has a sale where you can by one used cd and get one used cd free. This is a local chain with stores in Maryland and Delaware and there is one real close to me. I have never went before because I didn't think it be worth squeezing in to get a few free cds. Yesterday my wife said that I should go and that she would take our daughter and go to the pet store in the same shopping center while I shopped. So with this urging I decided to go. It wasn't overwhelmingly crowded, but I guess recent Christmas shopping trips have made me a little more used to it. I had expected wall to wall cheapskates, but it wasn't awful and I got there just as they opened and I followed the line in. I found it funny watching different people and the way they shopped. You could see the very serious people they were the ones who grabbed baskets and had lists of what they were looking for and they didn't look even if they got bumped because they didn't want to be distracted from their mission. Then there were people who act like they had never been there before. There was a teenage boy who yelled across two aisles to his mother to say "Hey, Ma, do you like ZZ top?". Nothing like a frenzied cd sale to bring families closer together. I couldn't watch people too much as I had to concentrate on what I was getting. Having been there recently, I knew of several used cds and I got all of the ones I wanted plus I took chances on some that I have never heard. I said excuse me several time and some times people moved and other times they didn't and I had to push past. So it was a bit like shopping, exercise and a strategy game all in one. I got ten cds which means five I payed for and five for free. All hard rock and metal ranging from Hanoi Rocks to Motorhead. I have not had a chance to listen to any of them yet, but I may review some soon if any worthwhile. There is no way to ring in the New Year like bumping shoulders with others for the chance to root for metal CD's.

3 Comments:

Blogger :P fuzzbox said...

Motorhead rules. I love Lenny's quote. Here I paraphrase. 'We are the type of band that when we move next door, your grass dies.'

4:25 AM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

I bought:

The Cult- Beyond good and evil
Hanoi Rocks-Back to mystery city and Twelve shots on the rocks
Cathedral-The Ethereal mirror
Deep Purple- Who do we think we are?
Alice Cooper- Billion Dollar babies
Scorpions- Blackout
Monster Magnet- Dopes to infinity and God says no
Motorhead- Inferno

All for about $37.

10:32 AM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

No, it's the studio album they did back in 2001. I listened to all of it earlier and it is very good. Really heavy for the Cult and probably my second favorite of theirs behind Electric.

5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home