Saturday, February 11, 2006

Suggestions for theme weeks?

I will start movie week tomorrow and I recently completed vinyl week. It will probably be a while until I do another theme week because doing them too often would wear out the novelty if indeed there is any novelty in doing them. However, I do plan on doing a few other theme weeks during the year. I am considering Black Sabbath week, Iron Maiden week, Metal guitarist week and 1970's metal week. Let me know if you have any other suggestions, but be forewarned that if you suggest something like "Warrant week" or "Vinnie Vincent week" then you will receive a chewing out from me.

7 Comments:

Blogger UnHoly Diver said...

Oh, c'mon...why can't we talk about Jani Lane? He brought soooo much to the music scene...

3:35 PM  
Blogger :P fuzzbox said...

I will help you curse Warrent. Went to see them back in the day (It was something to do.) Somebody threw a ball cap on the stage and these light-weight pantywaists left the stage on their second tune and did not return. The ticket price wasn't refunded so they stole everyones money that night but bought a lot of haters.

4:59 PM  
Blogger Big D said...

Metal God week. Where you cap of the leaders who forever changed the face of music and metal.

6:02 PM  
Blogger Jay Noel said...

You gotta do Metal Power Ballad week. Sure, it was cheesy...but how many teens lost their virginity to Def Leopard's, "Love Bites?"

6:38 PM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

Bruce- They talk about him all the time at Metal Sludge, but not in a good way.

Fuzzbox- That is lame. I once saw Don Dokken get hit in the face by a roll of toilet paper about a minute into their first song and other rolls of toilet paper were being thrown onto stage at the same time. He didn't miss a note and just kept on singing and let the roadies and security take care of the problem. It's called being a professional and giving the fans a good show no matter what.

Big D, Sgt. Fluffy and the Phoenix: I will take all of your suggestions into consideration. Thanks.

6:18 AM  
Blogger UnHoly Diver said...

BTW...did you see the show on Vh1, "When Metal Ruled the World"? It was pretty good.

12:45 PM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

Bruce- I don't have cable. That's why I watch so many dvd's.

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home