Thursday, May 18, 2006

Please release me

The topic of this post was originally inspired by a release I read about Displeased records planning cd releases for a lot of speed metal cd's by artists including Sadus, Toxic and Sacrifice. Well, only a few hours after this release came a release from the band Sacrifice saying the rights to their albums are through another label and they were looking into taking legal action against Displeased records. Oh, well maybe one day I can get the first Sacrifice on cd for less than $20. Still this topic had me thinking about what old albums I would like to see released on cd or what out of print cd's I would like to see get re-released. The complete list would probably be long so I will just jot down a few that I can think of.

Tigertailz-Young and crazy
I have it on lp, but still would love it on cd. However, I know legal complications will keep this from coming out.

Four Horseman-Nobody said it was easy
I once had it and sold it and now it's out of print.

Executioner-In the name of metal and Break the silence
Great almost unknown speed metal. I do have them on vinyl. I know their record label holds the rights and doesn't seem to think that it's worthwhile to release them.

Is there anything you would like to see get a cd release or re-release?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thed only song by the Four Horsemen I've heard is "Rockin' is Ma Business", and I liked it. Wouldn't mind hearing more of them. If there's any Robin Trower or Pat Travers stuff not on cd, I'd like to see thast released.

8:55 PM  
Blogger T-_Bone said...

Desperado - Bloodied But Unbowed
Judas Priest - Freewheel Burning single (with intro)
Ozzy - Mr. Crowley EP
Metallica - Metal Up Your Ass
Blind Fury - Out of Reach
Stratus - Throwing Shapes

7:40 AM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

Bruce-I have their last album and it's decent too. Still "Nobody said it was easy" was way better. It was like a cross between southern rock, AC/DC and the Cult.

t-bone-I have the Mr. Crowley ep on picture disc, but I rarely play it.

Sgt. Fluffy- I am pretty sure that Mental Vortex is in print.

10:23 AM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

Sgt. Fluffy-I just checked on Amazon and they have it for $11.98 and most of their other cd's are in print as well.

1:28 PM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

Sgt. Fluffy-These are new and from Amazon. It looks like they were re-released in 2003.

6:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home