Thursday, June 08, 2006

668-The beast that came late

I was surprised at the number of posts on Tuesday about it being 666. I guess I was just caught up in work and Underrated band week and didn't get around to writing anything concerning it. So better late than never. I want to tie this into Underrated band week so I was just going to mention that Detroit's Halloween released their first new album in 15 years on Tuesday. I have yet to hear it, but may get it some time. I actually just heard their 1984 debut "Don't metal with evil". It has a bit of a cult following and it's pretty good. I will wait until October to give it a proper review though. There was a local indie record store that popped up in my area in 1985. I remember being there and the owner was telling me about this band Halloween and he showed me the tape he had behind the counter and he was saying how great they were. I asked if he had another copy and he said no so I never got to hear them back then. That's a good example of how not to run a good record store. The object behind a record store is to sell the records not hoard them. Anyway sorry I am two days too late for the occasion. I will make sure to celebrate today. So if you are driving in central Maryland today and you see a bald thirty something guy blasting Maiden or Slayer out of his car and giving the devil horn salute then that would be me.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha! Don't Metal With Evil! I don't know if that's the most ingenious title I have ever heard or the most ridiculous. Horns up, just in case.

Hey, did you check out that movie, Metal: A Headbangers Journey yet? It was really good.

5:57 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

First thing I did when I got to work was play the following tracks (in no particular order):

1. Sympathy for the Devil - Stones
2. The Number of the Beast - Maiden
3. Devil's Daugher - Ozzy
4. Devil went down to Georgia - Charlie Daniels
5. Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath
6. Garden of Allah - Don Henley (actually a very good song about the Devil being out of a job since Earth is so bad.)
7. Running with the Devil - VH

And just to redeem myself I ended it with "I think I love you" by David Cassidy. (no not really)

8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home