Friday, September 29, 2006

2007 is coming

I am trying to think ahead so even though there are still several months left to 2006, I am already planning my 20 year old album reviews for next year. So once next year rolls around I will of course say goodbye to 1986 albums and instead be reviewing albums from '87. I do one of these per month and I think I know what I will be doing in the upcoming year. So here are nine albums I will be reviewing in 2007, they are listed in no particular order.

Whitesnake-s/t
Def Leppard-Hysteria
Death-Scream bloody gore
Dio-Dream Evil
Alice Cooper-Raise your fist and yell
Helloween-Keeper of the seven keys part one
Guns and Roses-Appetite for destruction
Anthrax-Among the living
Deep Purple-House of the blue light

That accounts for nine months and the other three will be determined by "vote for a review". Where I offer three choices and you get to vote on the one you want me to do. If there are any albums from 1987 that you think I should review then let me know because I may be able to squeeze them in as choices for "vote for a review".

5 Comments:

Blogger Will said...

Just a few from 1987 that you might consider. I dunno...thought I'd list them
Faster Pussycat - Faster Pussycat
Aerosmith - Permanent Vacation
Voivod - Killing Technology
Dio - Dream Evil
Pentagram - Day Of Reckoning
Savatage - Hall Of The Mountain King
The Cult - Electric
Joe Satriani - Surfing With The Alien

3:54 AM  
Blogger Will said...

Sorry, you'd mentioned Dio....my mistake.

3:55 AM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

Ben-Thanks, Ben. I have actually heard all of these. Glad to see someone else knows of Pentagram. I first got into them in 1987.

6:47 AM  
Blogger David Amulet said...

Looks like a good list! I like Ben's choices ... I'll also throw in a few others as options.

The one I'd really like to see is Frehley's Comet, an album that has grown on me immensely in recent years.

Some other ideas:

Rush - Hold Your Fire
The Cult - Electric
Mayhem - Deathcrush
KISS - Crazy Nights
Motley Crue - Girls, Girls, Girls

And the best metal album of all time (sarcasm intended):

Jethro Tull - Crest of a Knave!

-- david

2:16 PM  
Blogger bob_vinyl said...

I'm very interested to see how you treat some of those after a fresh listen, especially Def Leppard, Death and Helloween. I like the Faster Pussycat and Voivod calls from Ben as well.

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home