Saturday, August 11, 2007

What's coming up?

This past week a customer came in several times to where I work (the public library) to use the internet. He was a heavyset man with long white hair done in dreadlocks, a long white beard and he always wore a red shirt and red pants (red shorts one day) and big black boots. No, I am not making this up and it took every ounce of restraint I had not to make some Santa Claus crack because he looked like some sort of hippie Santa. Anyway back to the blog and the business at hand. I didn't get around to reviewing Sepultura's Beneath the remains this week like I promised, but I will circle back for it at some point this month. Here is what I hope to have out this week.

-Judge the album cover on Sunday
-Who were they? Witch (the one from LA)
-Lesser of two evils: Europe versus Winger
-Twisted Sister-Stay Hungry review
-The Red Chord-Prey for eyes review
-The ups and downs of Metallica

***Here is a question for you.

-What are some of the worst hard rock/metal albums covers you have ever seen in your life?

4 Comments:

Blogger captain corky said...

Now I'm really wondering... was that Santa Claus? Have a great weekend Mark.

7:08 AM  
Blogger The Dragon of M87 said...

I never like album covers that just feature a band photo. That's a cop out. Example: "Beast On My Back" by The Crumbsuckers.

9:03 AM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

Captain Corky- I didn't make any smart comment to him just in case he was. I wanted to stay on the nice list.

dschalek-Yes, if they do a group shot then they need to have something added. The group shot is hard to pull off. The cover of that Crumbsuckers album was poor because it looked like it was just them standing outside a club or something.

5:25 AM  
Blogger Ray Van Horn, Jr. said...

LOL, I'm interested to read your Red Chord review. I have that up for review at The Metal Minute as well. I interviewed them once, and they're very intelligent.

Winger vs. Europe? Hate to say it, but Winger is the lesser evil just on principle

Worst album cover? You mean they're not all gems?

8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home