Saturday, September 26, 2009

I don't own these on CD

Photobucket



I started my music buying primarily on cassettes unfortunately although I did buy a few albums back then as well eventually bought more vinyl in the mid-late 80's as more underground metal wasn't availible on cassettes and vinyl became cheaper around 89-91 as stores started trying to get it off their shelves. Eventually I was purchasing titles on CD, but if I had it on vinyl I probably thought that was enough and didn't buy it on CD. So there are bands I claim to like that I really don't have a lot of titles on CD. A few that come to mind are KISS as I only own four titles on CD, but have a pile on vinyl. Aerosmith I only have two on CD, but a lot more on vinyl. I once went through a Venom phase before my CD days so I have no Venom on disc and a huge pile on vinyl.
These would be my current top ten titles of common (non-import/ in print) that I have heard, but have just never gotten around to getting a copy of on CD. In no particular order.

Armored Saint-Raising Fear
Judas Priest-Sin after sin
Judas Priest-Point of entry
Mercyful Fate-Melissa
Grim Reaper-Fear no evil
Motorhead-Bomber
KISS-Lovegun
KISS-Dressed to kill
Alice Cooper-Schools Out
Kreator-Terrible Certainty

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger bob_vinyl said...

Now that the CD's days are numbered, you might as well not bother getting these on CD now.

5:01 AM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

Bob-My car has a CD player and most of my music listening is in my car so that's why I would want them.

10:50 AM  
Blogger bob_vinyl said...

Maybe you need a record player for your car since it's the format that will never go away!

10:52 AM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

Yes, that would be very convenient.

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home