Monday, October 05, 2009

My own grave-Necrology

Photobucket

Pulverised
2009

First thing I did with this disc was to twist it all around and look at it from every angle in attempt to figure out the name of the band. Those death metl don't always make easy to read logos. Once I figured out they were My own grave I put it in for a listen. I can normally tell if I will like a death metal after a couple of minutes. Right away I knew that this was an album I could single my teeth into. They are brutal and hit like a ton of bricks, but they have some thick grooves plugged into their sound too. They are from Sweden, but the sound is not unlike early 90's Florida death acts like Deicide and Obituary only even a little more challenging. This band has a tight, layered sound that was engaging and kept my guessing what was coming next. All too often I put in a death metal disc and it's like one, long growling song. My own grave know how to pull so much out of every tone they create and every action that they make. Most of the tracks stay under the three and half minute mark. So it a fairly brief, but energetic ride. Not terribly new, but they are very good at what they do and fans of old style death metal will love it.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home