Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Top ten albums to listen to for Halloween

Photobucket
Once upon a time I used to listen to albums on Halloween and that was probably all I could do at the time. I remember being in college or high school being excited about setting aside time to just kick back and listen to a King Diamond or Maiden album in it's entirety around Halloween. Now that I have kids things have changed for my Halloween activities. However if my week was more open and I could pick ten albums to listen leading up to and during Halloween then I would choose these. They are listed in no real order.

Black Sabbath-s/t
Cirith Ungol-King of the dead
Alice Cooper-Love it to death
Iron Maiden-The number of the beast
Grim Reaper-Fear no evil
Halloween-Don't metal with evil
Trick or treat soundtrack (Fastway)
Ozzy-Diary of a madman
Misfits-Walk among us
King Diamond-Abigail

Maybe I will listen to some of these this year if I get time.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't metal with evil! love that album.

3:47 AM  
Blogger bob_vinyl said...

I pretty much just stick to the Misfits on Halloween.

5:07 AM  
Blogger t-o-n said...

Damn – that’s a good list. I’d probably swap out the Misfits for something from the Samhain trilogy (you can’t sing along to a damn thing on those records, but they sure are creepy…). Probably splitting hairs.

Sadly, “Abigal” sounds a little more goofy than creepy to my ears these days. But to leave King Diamond off this list would just come across as some sort of passive-aggressive effort to hurt his feelings. Very considerate of you.

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home