Thursday, December 23, 2010

Spinning Chain-My Insanity

Photobucket

Self-produced
2010

I played this disc from Austin, Texas based Spinning Chain once and came away with the impression that it was a very well produced disc and that's due to the fact that it was done by. It's not always a good thing for the band if the most impressive aspect of an album is the production because that could me an the music itself didn't stand up as well on it's own. That's what I felt about Spinning Chain as I gave the disc a few more plays. It's a very loud album, but it's all in volume rather than heaviness which to means the producer made it loud, but there just isn't a great deal of real solid body to the music. My overall take is that this is a tribute to bands who were big a while ago and the main influence is Linkin Park. The vocals are of the shouting variety and some of the choruses are catchy there isn't a great of emotion conveyed in the vocals. They just kind of plunge forward which is alright, but what you hear in the first thirty seconds of each song is pretty much what you get for the whole song. Most of the tracks are fairly concise and they straight into it quickly. Despite repeated play of "My Insanity" I still walked away feeling kind of empty and having a time time recalling any real memorable parts. Just a very average album with few original ideas.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home