Saturday, January 29, 2011

Thurkills Vision EP

Self Released 2011
Thurkills Vision hail from Lowell, Massachusetts and are set to release a new 5 song EP this March. Lucky for me though the group was kind enough to send a sneak peek my way. Releases like this make me glad Mark decided to take me on here at Heavy Metal Time Machine.
Lead by the the incredibly versatile Yamil Melendez (who can hold his own with metalcore heavyweights like Phillip Labonte and Brian Fair) Thurkills Vision formed in 2006 and have shared the stage with groups like Sevendust, Taproot, Nonpoint and numerous others. Joined by drummer David Malave, bassist Matt Frotten and the double axe attack of Eric Williams & Bobby Rourke Thurkills Vision have a sound that is not easy to pinpoint. Mixing elements of metalcore, alt metal and rock this EP comes across like the bastard offspring of Linkin Park and Avenged Sevenfold (only much cooler!). Featuring top notch production and a killer sound tracks like "My Theory" could easily get heavy rotation on the radio. These guys have produced a modern metal EP that is easily heads above groups like Trivium, Five Finger Death Punch and Bullet For My Valentine. I'm really surprised some PR in a suit hasn't snatched them up yet. Hopefully this EP will change all of that. Easily the best promo surprise in awhile for me. Find out more at at the groups Reverbnation page.

http://www.reverbnation.com/thurkillsvision

2 Comments:

Anonymous Tiago said...

Bunch of great guys. They deserve any good things that come there way. Good Luck fellas.

7:25 PM  
Anonymous Eddie said...

my favorite song is Principle of cause. They have a good mix metalcore/hard rock feel that is very well appreciated

10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home