Saturday, March 19, 2011

Rocka Rollas Promo 2011


Self Release
2011

Hailing from Storvik, Gävleborgs län, Sverige (Sweden) is the two piece band Rocka Rollas. While I am going to go out on a limb and say they took their name from the Judas Priest album the band has more of a (early) Running Wild worship sound going on. The promo is available free for download from what I've read (just do a Google search for Rocka Rollas Promo 2011) and will appeal to fan's of Running Wild, Helloween and the such. There is a real charm to be found on the EP and apparently the group is working on a full length release. My favorite track was "Metal Of Steel" with it's old school feel. I found myself singing "I've got metal...metal of steel" over and over. This is just fun throw back power/speed metal. Looking forward to their full length. It will be interesting to see if the two members add on to make it a real band or if this will be a studio only affair. Either way I've got "Metal Of Steel"!


http://www.myspace.com/rockarollas

10 Comments:

Anonymous Rocka Rollas - Ced said...

Thanks for the great review...
However the chorus in Metal Of Steel acttually goes "I am metal of steel" but thats no big deal ;)

The full length is probably finished recorded in about a month or two max. But the actual release will probably take some more time.

Plus there's THREE additional albums ready to be recorded right now... And I have begun writing the fucking fourth album right now...

4:54 AM  
Blogger Andy said...

My bad! Make sure to send us a copy of your new album for review.

6:44 AM  
Anonymous Rocka Rollas - Ced said...

I sure will!!

10:27 AM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

Okay, just heard this one and liked it a lot. Very fun.

7:33 AM  
Anonymous Rocka Rollas - Ced said...

Ok now it's pretty much official, Rocka Rollas will be released on Stormspell Records as soon as the vocal recording has been finished!

www.stormspell.com

11:52 PM  
Blogger Andy said...

Please send me a copy then if you can! I will review it (plus I just love your sound anyway!). I know Stormspell Records usally does not send out promos so let me know what I need to do to get a copy guys. Shoot me an e-mail at: andrewjdavis AT hotmail.com

5:04 AM  
Anonymous Rocka Rollas Ced said...

Yeah but I don't think it's out for about a few months, we will see then!

1:17 PM  
Blogger Andy said...

All good things are worth the wait!

4:45 PM  
Anonymous Ced said...

About waiting... That's all we have to do now! The recording is finally finished and I have sent the stuff away to the label. Wooo!!!

9:01 AM  
Blogger Andy said...

Looking forward to it!

11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home